Friday, December 20th, 2019
Happy Holidays and welcome to Energized, your weekly look into the geopolitics, news, and happenings of energy markets.
Before diving into this week’s content, we’d like to remind you to join our Energized LinkedIn Group. We will be releasing frequent news and snippets of Energized newsletters through the group. We hope to see you there. Also, if you haven’t already, visit our website to gain access to our free Oil 101 introductory course, our popular series of mobile-ready videos describing “How the industry works.” Ready for more? Check out our in-depth Oil 201 course which covers exploration, drilling, production, well completions, and refining. If your company or group is interested in Oil 101, let’s talk. We license our courses for use as internal training for sales, IT and operations teams. Think you know someone who would enjoy this newsletter? Pass it on! They can subscribe and access our Energized archives here.
Now, onto this week’s issue.
Curated weekly oil and gas newsletter
Oil Prices and Markets
+ Fast Facts – Houston Chronicle “Fuel Fix”
Light, sweet crude (dollars per barrel): $ 60.07
Last Week: $59.20
Natural Gas (dollars per million British thermal units): $2.30
Last Week: $2.334
Rig count (United States): 799
Last Week: 799
2019 Energy Recap
With the new decade almost upon us, we thought we would bring you an extra something special this year.
Image Source: Wikipedia Commons
And no, it’s not a Christmas tree, although I hope yours is prettier than this old thing (bad joke but I couldn’t resist).
With no Energized coming next week, we are bringing you Christmas early this year as EKT Interactive is proud to present its 2019 Energy Recap, where we circled back to past 2019 spotlight issues and provided updates on the happenings that have transpired since then, as well as a quick recap of other important topics.
Topics in this energy recap include the following:
- Digital Oilfield: IoT in Oil and Gas
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- IMO 2020
- Upstream Remarks
- Midstream Remarks
- Downstream Remarks
Past spotlight issues include the following:
- Energized #6: OTC Spotlight Issue
- Energized #11: DDDP Spotlight Issue 1/3: The Dawn of Digitalization: Adapting to Change and Issues with the Current Operational Model
- Energized #12: DDDP Spotlight Issue 2/3: New Frontiers: Incremental Steps Towards Achieving Widespread Digitalization
- Energized #13: DDDP Spotlight Issue 3/3: Cutting Edge: Crowning Achievements in Data-Driven Solutions
- Energized #15: CCS Spotlight Issue
- Energized #19: LNG Spotlight Issue
- Energized #24: Abqaiq-Khurais Attack Spotlight Issue
- Energized #28: Women in Oil & Gas Spotlight Issue
- Energized #32: IMO 2020 Spotlight Issue
We hope you enjoy our 2019 Energy Recap. Continue the conversation to share your biggest takeaways from 2019 on our Energized LinkedIn Group. The next Energized will go out two Fridays from now on January 3rd, 2020. Until then, Happy Holidays!
Have a great weekend!
EKT Interactive Managing Editor