Monday, January 6th, 2020
Happy Holidays and welcome to Energized, your weekly look into the geopolitics, news, and happenings of energy markets. We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and New Year’s with friends and family.
2020 is upon us, and with it, IMO 2020 has officially gone into effect. We’ll be covering the implications of this major international regulation throughout the year.
While we wait for the champagne to wear off and the industry news to come flooding in again, stay Energized with our 2019 Energy Recap, where we circled back to past 2019 spotlight issues and provided updates on the happenings that have transpired since then, as well as a quick recap of other important topics.
Topics in this energy recap include the following:
- Digital Oilfield: IoT in Oil and Gas
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- IMO 2020
- Upstream Remarks
- Midstream Remarks
- Downstream Remarks
Past spotlight issues include the following:
- Energized #6: OTC Spotlight Issue
- Energized #11: DDDP Spotlight Issue 1/3: The Dawn of Digitalization: Adapting to Change and Issues with the Current Operational Model
- Energized #12: DDDP Spotlight Issue 2/3: New Frontiers: Incremental Steps Towards Achieving Widespread Digitalization
- Energized #13: DDDP Spotlight Issue 3/3: Cutting Edge: Crowning Achievements in Data-Driven Solutions
- Energized #15: CCS Spotlight Issue
- Energized #19: LNG Spotlight Issue
- Energized #24: Abqaiq-Khurais Attack Spotlight Issue
- Energized #28: Women in Oil & Gas Spotlight Issue
- Energized #32: IMO 2020 Spotlight Issue
We hope you enjoy our 2019 Energy Recap. Continue the conversation to share your biggest takeaways from 2019 on our Energized LinkedIn Group. We’ll circle around next week with the first full-length Energized of the year, followed by an exciting spotlight on January 17th. Until then, Happy Holidays!
Have a great weekend!
EKT Interactive Managing Editor