The EKT Interactive Introduction to Downstream seminar is a live one-day, operations-based overview of the key aspects of the US fuel products and lube base oil markets.
This seminar has been presented to I/T and finance support functions at clients such as GE Oil and Gas, ConocoPhillips, Shell and Chevron.
Thousands more have relied on EKT Interactive to explain the industry fundamentals in our Oil 101 learning community.
The Introduction to Downstream seminar covers industry trends, basic terminology, a glossary of terms, and utilizes exercises and videos to keep the class interesting. A full course outline is presented below.
Early Bird Pricing: $1299 until Aug 10
Regular Price: $1499
August 23, 2017 | 9am – 3pm
13003 Southwest Freeway, Suite 110
Stafford, TX 77477
KEY TOPICS: Introduction to Downstream Seminar
Our current core seminar curriculum includes the following topics.*
Global Industry Overview:
- Crude Price History and Outlook
- Conventional vs. Unconventional Reserves
- Importance of US Shale Supplies
- Declining Importance of OPEC
- Key Factors driving Industry Future
Transportation & Distribution:
- The Crude Oil Distribution System
- Major Crude Oil Pipelines
- Marine Movements
- Refined Product Transportation
- Pipelines & Terminal Operations
- The Refining Industry & Current Trends
- Types and Characteristics of Crude Oil
- What is Oil Refining?
- Key Refining Processes
- Refining Economics, Margins and Marker Crudes
Supply-Trading / Risk Management:
- Physical Trading Types
- Spot Markets and Sources of Price Information
- Company Trading Philosophies
- Financial Trading and Hedging
- Introduction to Hedging Concepts and Instruments
Petroleum Products Marketing:
- What are Petroleum Products?
- Introduction to the Lube Oil Value Chain
- The Drivers of US Product Marketing
- US Distribution Channels and Pricing
- The Importance of the Wholesale Channel
- The Structure of Retail Service Stations
- Convenience Stores and Hypermarketers
*Final course outline subject to change based on time and attendee feedback.
REFUNDS: Full refunds available until 48 hours prior to the event.
Contact Marty Stetzer at email@example.com or 713-419-6912 to learn more about this course, or to set up a custom seminar for your company or team.
Seminar Leader: Marty Stetzer
Marty’s oil and gas career includes 13 years of downstream operations management experience with Exxon in a variety of USA and SouthEast Asia assignments.
Marty also has 13 years of downstream energy consulting projects with PricewaterhouseCoopers. He has worked with numerous national and international oil and gas companies to help improve their supply-trading operations. He has managed projects in the USA, Middle East, Russia, India and Europe.
His current projects are focused on the design and delivery of training and knowledge transfer initiatives in upstream and downstream organizations – using both instructor-led and web delivery models.
Marty has a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Kettering Institute in Michigan, and an MBA from Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh.
He is active in the Society of Petroleum Engineers and often presents at industry forums.